I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
DISEASES AND CONDITIONS
Intermediate Level Crossword
1. Chronic disease condition of the liver in which fibrous tissue and nodules replace normal tissue, interfering with blood flow and normal functions of the organ.
3. Progressive proliferation of abnormal leukocytes found in hemopoietic tissues, other organs, and usually in the blood in increased numbers.
5. An abnormal condition characterized by decrease in bone mass with decreased density and enlargement of bone spaces, producing porosity.
6. The process of becoming older, a process that is genetically determined and environmentally modulated.
11. Oropharyngeal candidiasis; seen mostly in infants or debilitated adults.
12. An acute infectious respiratory disease, caused by Influenza viruses, in which the inhaled virus attacks the respiratory epithelial cells and produces a catarrhal inflammation; characterized by sudden onset, chills, fever of short duration, severe prostration, headache, muscle aches, and a cough that usually is dry and may be followed by secondary bacterial infections that can last up to 10 days; influenza.
15. A process of progressive thickening and hardening of the walls of medium-sized and large arteries as a result of fat deposits on their inner lining.
16. Period following birth during which milk is secreted in the breasts; lactation.
17. Elimination of an abnormal condition; cure.
2. A varicose condition of the external haemorrhoidal veins causing painful swellings at the anus.
4. An enclosed collection of pus (purulent exudate) in tissues, organs, or confined spaces in the body. An abscess is a sign of infection, and is usually swollen and inflamed.
7. A disturbance of uric-acid metabolism characterized by painful inflammation of the joints, especially of the feet and hands, and arthritic attacks resulting from elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and the deposition of urate crystals around the joints.
8. The termination of a pregnancy accompanied by the death of the embryo or foetus.
9. An abnormal physical or mental condition.
10. Popular term for a viral infection involving the upper respiratory tract and characterized by congestion of the nasal mucous membrane, watery nasal rhinorrhea, and general malaise, with a duration of 3–5 days.
13. The process of expulsion of the foetus and the placenta from the uterus; delivery, birth.
14. A period when a serious illness improves for a time.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live