I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Intermediate Level Crossword
4. The production of a gene product.
5. The control of the kind and rate of cellular processes.
8. A series of biological stages through which a substance tends to pass and which usually leads back to the starting point.
9. A disaccharide sugar that is present in milk, and yields glucose and galactose upon hydrolysis.
13. An enzyme-catalysed process in cells of living organisms by which substrates are converted to more complex products.
15. A reserve polysaccharide widely distributed in plants.
16. An insoluble fibrous protein of vertebrates that is the chief constituent of the fibrils of connective tissue and of the organic substance of bones; it is the quantitatively most important protein in mammals.
17. Any of a large class of conjugated proteins composed of a complex of protein and lipid.
18. Change of a chemical compound to a less complex compound.
1. A substance produced during or taking part in metabolism.
2. The disruption of the native folded structure of a nucleic acid or protein molecule; may be due to heat, chemical treatment, or change in pH.
3. A set of three consecutive nucleotides in a strand of D N A or R N A that provides the genetic information to code for a specific amino acid that will be incorporated into a protein chain.
6. The catabolic conversion of glucose to pyruvate, with the production of ATP.
7. A soluble weakly basic nitrogenous compound that is an end product of protein decomposition and the main solid component of mammalian urine.
10. The most common type of steroid in the body. It is essential to the formation of bile acids, vitamin D, progesterone, oestrogens, androgens, mineralocorticoid hormones, and glucocorticoid hormones. Cholesterol is also necessary to the normal permeability and function of cell membranes.
11. A lipid containing charged hydrophilic phosphate groups; a component of cell membranes.
12. A substance that reduces the activity of another substance (as an enzyme).
14. Any of numerous natural or synthetic compounds containing a 17-carbon 4-ring system and including the sterols and various hormones.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live