I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Basic Level Crossword
1. The morphologic and functional unit of the nervous system, consisting of the nerve cell body, the dendrites, and the axon.
4. A minute colourless anucleate disklike body of mammalian blood, that assists in blood clotting by adhering to other platelets and to damaged epithelium; thrombocyte.
9. A mature red blood cell.
10. The fluid and dissolved substances excreted by the kidney.
11. An organ that produces and secretes a chemical substance in the body.
13. An individual constituted to carry on the activities of life by means of organs separate in function but mutually dependent; a living being.
15. A chemical substance produced and secreted by endocrine glands, that travels through the bloodstream, and controls or regulates the activity of another organ or group of cells, its target organ.
17. Any specific chemical agent released by a presynaptic cell, on excitation, that crosses the synapse to stimulate or inhibit the postsynaptic cell.
18. A group of cells, of one or several types, that serve a specific function in the body.
19. A sheet-like composite of protein and lipid that is the boundary of cells and organelles.
20. A differentiated part of an organism that performs a specific function.
2. A single excretory unit of the kidney, typically consisting of the renal corpuscle, the proximal tubule, the loop of Henle, and the distal tubule.
3. The flow of blood through the circulatory system of an organism.
5. A relatively thick-walled, muscular, pulsating blood vessel conveying blood away from the heart to all parts of the body.
6. The excreta discharged from the digestive tract through the anus; excrement.
7. Any of the tubes forming part of the blood circulation system of the body, carrying mainly oxygen-depleted blood towards the heart.
8. Any of the blood cells that are colourless, lack haemoglobin, contain a nucleus, and include the lymphocytes, monocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, and basophils; white blood cell.
12. The enzymatic hydrolysis of major nutrients in the gastrointestinal system to yield their building-block components.
14. A tissue composed of fibres capable of contracting to effect bodily movement.
16. The fluid (noncellular) portion of whole blood, that consists of water and its dissolved constituents, including proteins (as albumin, fibrinogen, and globulins), electrolytes (as sodium and chloride), sugars (as glucose), lipids (as cholesterol and triglycerides), metabolic waste products (as urea), amino acids, hormones, and vitamins.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live