I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
PHARMACOLOGY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY
Basic Level Crossword
1. The binding site for a hormone, neurotransmitter or drug that initiates its action at the cellular level.
4. A condition of a patient that makes it inadvisable to prescribe a particular drug or employ a particular procedure or treatment.
8. The result or consequence of a therapeutic or other action.
10. A drug or medicine that stimulates evacuation of the bowels.
12. Experimental preparation which has the same appearance as the active drug but which contains no pharmacologic active substance.
13. The extent to which a patient continues an agreed-on mode of treatment without close supervision.
16. A drug capable of combining with receptors to initiate drug actions; it possesses affinity and intrinsic activity.
17. A measure of the physiological response a drug produces in the body.
18. Drug that promotes the production and excretion of urine in order to remove excess fluid from the body in, for example, conditions such as congestive heart failure or hypertension.
2. A drug having sedative or narcotic effects similar to those containing opium or its natural or synthetic derivatives; the term opiate is properly limited to the natural alkaloids found in the opium.
3. The capacity of the body to become less responsive to a substance (as a drug), especially with repeated use or exposure.
4. Treatment of disease by means of chemical substances or drugs; usually used in reference to neoplastic disease.
5. An agent that is used to prevent the formation of blood clots.
6. Any of a class of psychotropic drugs used to treat psychosis, particularly schizophrenia.
7. Substance that reverses or reduces the effect induced by an agonist.
9. A somatic state which develops after chronic administration of certain drugs. This state is characterized by the necessity to continue administration of the drug in order to avoid the appearance of uncomfortable or dangerous (withdrawal) symptoms.
11. The extent to which a patient agrees to and follows a prescribed treatment regimen.
13. A drug that relieves pain.
14. The result or consequence of a therapeutic or other action.
15. A measure of the attraction of one biological molecule toward another molecule.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live