I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Basic Level Crossword
3. Any preparation used as a preventive inoculation to confer immunity against a specific disease, usually employing an innocuous form of the disease agent, as killed or weakened bacteria or viruses, to stimulate antibody production.
4. A circumscribed mass of microorganisms usually growing on the surface of or within a solid medium, presumably cultured from a single cell.
7. Life form that is not visible to the naked eye such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses; microbe.
8. Any member of a kingdom of organisms that lack chlorophyll, reproduce by spores, and live as saprotrophs or parasites. The plural form for the noun fungus is fungi.
10. Physical or chemical process to eliminate viable organisms.
13. A natural, synthetic or semi-synthetic product, especially a pharmaceutical, that kills or inhibits the growth of bacteria, and is used to treat bacterial infections.
15. A potentially fatal whole-body inflammation caused by severe infection.
16. Distinctive pattern of susceptibility of an organism to a battery of antimicrobial agents.
17. Presence of bacteria in the blood.
18. A microbe capable of causing disease.
19. Organism that causes disease.
1. Any of a large group of microscopic, single-cell organisms with a very simple cell structure. The plural form for the noun bacterium is bacteria.
2. The growing of microorganisms, tissue cells, or other living matter in a specially prepared nutrient medium.
5. An infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.
6. An organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
9. The use of a dye for producing colouration in tissues or microorganisms for microscopic examination.
11. Disease caused by microorganisms.
12. A yellow liquid composed of blood serum, pieces of dead tissue, white blood cells and the remains of bacteria, formed by the body in reaction to infection.
14. A genetic variant or subtype of a microorganism (virus or bacterium or fungus).
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live