I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Basic Level Crossword
3. Any of numerous proteins that are produced by living cells and used to catalyse specific biochemical reactions at body temperature.
4. Any one of many complex organic nitrogenous compounds formed from various combinations of different amino acids.
7. A complex of RNA molecules and proteins that is a site of protein synthesis in eukaryotes.
8. A purine or pyrimidine base bounded to a sugar and a phosphate ester. Unit from which nucleic acids are constructed by polymerization.
11. The conversion of complex substances into more simple compounds by living cells, usually leading to the production of energy.
13. The process of constructing a messenger RNA molecule using a DNA molecule as a template.
14. A constituent structural unit (as a group or monomer) of a usually complex molecule. The part of a single sugar that appears in a polysaccharide; of a single amino acid in a protein; of a single nucleotide in a nucleic acid.
15. Biologically important polymers, in which amino acids are joined into chains through peptide (amide) bonds. By convention, shorter than 50 amino acids.
16. The conversion of simple substances into more complex substances by living cells. Refers to those metabolic processes involved in the synthesis of cell constituents from simpler molecules.
1. A natural substance that is poorly soluble in water but is soluble in organic solvents; lipids include fatty acids, triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes and some hormones and vitamins.
2. The whole range of biochemical processes that occur within a living organism. Metabolism consists of anabolism and catabolism.
5. The major form of fat stored by the body. A triglyceride consists of three molecules of fatty acid combined with a molecule of the alcohol glycerol.
6. A lack or shortage, especially of something essential to health.
8. A purine or pyrimidine base bounded to a sugar.
9. The process of forming a protein molecule at a ribosomal site of protein synthesis from information contained in messenger RNA.
10. A reactant in an enzymatic reaction.
12. A hexose monosaccharide obtained upon the hydrolysis of starch and certain other carbohydrates. Also called dextrose.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live